A Post from a well known Scooter Blog has inspired me to figure out ways to save money while Riding Scooters. CAUTION. Most of the methods I will describe are illegal and could possible poison or harm you in some fashion, (but that’s just good old American fun).
Siphoning gas is the first way to save an extra Buck! I use to do think in college all the time, I would Go to a Frat house with an old Jerry Can I kept on my jeep and get about 4-5 gallons of gas. It’s an easy way to save a little bit of money, however with Scooters we really don’t have to worry about spending too much on gas to start with. But I did not have to pay for gas for months at a time. This is also a good trick to use if you just need a gallon or so and the stores are closed, but if you do this, be courteous and leave a few bucks on the wind shield wiper, and says thanks!
2 Cycle Oil can be rather expensive, and sometimes you need to just bite the bullet and spend the extra 15 bucks. But you should start running a synthetic oil, its better for your bike and its an ashless formula so it’s a little better for the environment. HERES HOW TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS.
1. Buy 1 gallon of standard Cheap Two Cycle Fluid, Buy another of synthetic 2 cycle fluid. Its usually about 15-20 bucks more than the regular.
2. Go home and pour the Synthetic in a large container. THEN pour the Regular 2 cycle oil into the Synthetic container. So now it looks like the Synthetic has never left the container. (Take care when taking off the top, not to damage the foil more than necessary, use a razor!)
3 Take the 2 cycle container that has the regular back to the store, with the receipt. (remember to pay in cash) I hate paper trails.
4. BOOM! You just saved 20. bucks give or take. I did this little number all the way threw college. I have 3 gallons of synthetic sitting at home in a jerry can.
Spark plugs. Spark plugs are one of the most easiest things to pocket in a store, preferably a Wal-Mart or K-mart. Just get 5 of what you need, pocket one and when you get to the register just put the other 4 down and say you’ll be right back. I have to go get my wallet. Or something of that nature.
Stainless Steel Bolts. Now this is not a necessity but LOWES HOME DEPOT and TRACTOR SUPPLY have some of the worst security I know of. Just find the proper bolt and nut combination then get a lot of standard bolts and put them in the mix, you will be able to tell the SS bolts from the standard bolts by looking at the top. Then just pay for the few Standard bolt with the SS in the mix, its another good scam to run.
What to buy with your Store Credit?
1. Fix a Flat (you know the green slimy stuff you like to play with in the store)
2. Tire Repair kit, if you get in a nasty situation
3. Bike PUMP! It works just the same with your Vespa tires as a bike tire
4. Tool kit, Get a decent Metric Kit to put in your console. (Sockets and Screwdrivers, WD-40 and some pliers and Duct Tape)
5. LED headlamp (you need something to work in the dark with)
You might think that it is improper to put this information up here, and that it is irresponsible of me as a bloger to inform people how to do this. Truth is that most people probably already know these tricks they just don’t use them. But keep them in the back of your mind incase times get tuff.
Give a man a fish…
4 weeks ago